The family business was founded in 1898 as the mechanical workshop of Emil ZÖRKLER (great-great-father of Bernhard Wagner) in the 200 m² basement of a house in the 3rd Municipal District of Vienna.
In 1951, the company premises were enlarged to 400 m² by Friedrich Zörkler.
In 1982, Ingeborg and Günther Wagner took over the management. In 1990, the company relocated to larger premises (1,800m2) in Baumgasse in the 3rd District of Vienna.
In 2008, the company relocated to Jois im Burgenland on a land area of 50,000 m² – of which 5,500 m² built-up area.
Today, the business of Zörkler is run by Bernhard Wagner in the fourth generation who expanded the company into one of the most technically up-to-date and successful production sites worldwide.